DREAM. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE.
CONTACT US: email@example.com
Classes are 30 minute non-parented sessions for children ages 3-5 who have not had significant time on skates. Classes are designed to introduce children to the ice and help them become comfortable. This program teaches the basics of how to get up when they fall down, how to move forward, basic backward movement and how to stop. Group classes use music, today and games to reinforce fun while learning on the ice.
Once a participant has gained confidence and shown skill in gliding on each foot, stopping and getting up from a down position, they can move on to the CanSkate program.
For CanSkate, hockey or figure skates are acceptable.
Before purchasing skates check carefully for:
Firm ankle support
Correct blade placement
We recomend the following stores for the purchase of skates:
United Sport & Cycle 7620 Gateway Blvd ProSkate - West 16972-111Ave
- CSA approved helmets are MANDATORY.
- A hockey helmet is the ONLY acceptable helmet as they wrap around the back of the head and are designed to withstand repeated bumps.
- Fit should be snug.
- Clothing should provide warmth but not restrict movement.
- Layering of sweat suits, sweaters, ski jackets and long underwear or leotards is recommended. Bulky snowsuits can hinder movement.
- Warm mittens or gloves are a must.
- Please have your child at the arena on time, dressed and ready to go on the ice at the scheduled session time.
- Please use the assigned dressing room. Signs are posted on the arena dressing room entries.
- Parents DO NOT accompany their children on the ice.