DREAM. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
CanSkate classes are designed for children ages 5-12 years who can work independently in a group lesson. This dynamic learn-to-skate program focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. CanSkate uses nationally-tested and proven curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee skater success in developing stronger basic skills and developing them faster. CanSkate teaches fundamental skills needed to participate in any ice sport.
Children aged 3-5 may be moved to this program with permission of the CanSkate director after they have passed Pre-CanSkate.
For CanSkate, hockey or figure skates are acceptable.
Before purchasing skates check carefully for:
Firm ankle support
Correct blade placement
We recomend the following stores for the purchase of skates:
United Sport & Cycle 7620 Gateway Blvd ProSkate - West 16972-111Ave
- CSA approved helmets are MANDATORY.
- A hockey helmet is the ONLY acceptable helmet as they wrap around the back of the head and are designed to withstand repeated bumps.
- Fit should be snug.
- Clothing should provide warmth but not restrict movement.
- Layering of sweat suits, sweaters, ski jackets and long underwear or leotards is recommended. Bulky snowsuits can hinder movement.
- Warm mittens or gloves are a must.
- Please have your child at the arena on time, dressed and ready to go on the ice at the scheduled session time.
- Please use the assigned dressing room. Signs are posted on the arena dressing room entries.
- Parents DO NOT accompany their children on the ice.